Sunday, November 10, 2013

A moment in time over mac and cheese.


The past two days Bonnie has taken a 3 hour nap from 10-1. While I know that this may change, I'm hoping it doesn't. Brody's nap is 11:30-1:30, so that means that Brody and I get some individual time together from 10-11:30.

Today, during this time, while Jeff and Deb went to church, Brody and I were left alone while Bonnie slept. He sat in his highchair, eating some macaroni and veggies while I did the rest of the morning dishes. I looked over at him, eating so contently, and wondered wait, what was I doing? I stopped doing the dishes and pulled up the stool near his highchair. I asked him to give me a high five. He gladly did and soon we were both laughing and giving eachother high five after high five, even double high fives sometimes. It was so fun and I felt like things were more normal during this little moment together.

He just looked so happy- like he was so happy to have his momma back.

After having Bonnie, I'll admit, I've become obsessed with her. I have tried to find every spare moment to hold her, and feed her. Let's be honest though, newborns need to eat A LOT so this time hasn't been hard to find since it is so necessary. In the meantime though, Brody has been played with a little less by me, and has had a lot less momma time all together. Thank goodness for the family that has been here to fulfill that missing time. But I know it's not quite the same for him.

However, in this small moment over mac and cheese, I could feel how life will eventually become more normal. Bonnie won't always be my brand new little baby, and Brody won't always be my crankier child that I need more patience with. I could feel that eventually they will just be my two adorable children, both with their differences, but both here to be loved by me evenly. I could feel that eventually things won't be so complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment