Saturday, November 28, 2015

I'm thankful for you.

Dear Jeff,

We live a crazy life, don't we? It's nonstop, all day. From the moment we wake up, to the second we get the kids down at night, we are moving. And even then, we have a house to pick up, or heaven forbid, one of the kids wake up again.. Like I said, it's nonstop, with not many breaks in between. Our days are filled with cleaning up messes, wiping faces, buckling seat belts, breaking up fights, negotiating with toddlers, making snacks, giving baths... and on and on. Each day is similar, and each day is so hectic. 

There's something I want to tell you, that I know I don't tell you enough. It's two simple words, but I mean them a lot. Thank you. Thank you for working everyday with your family in mind. Thank you for jumping in and taking on the kids from the moment you walk in the door.  Thank you saying sorry when many times its me who should be saying sorry to you. Thank you for being patient with not only the kids, but also with me. Thank you for listening when my emotions run a little wild. Thank you for making us feel like a team. Thank you for caring for each of our kids as individuals with specific needs. Thank you for holding my hand when you know I'm stressed out. Thank you for waking up with the kids every morning and letting me sleep a little bit longer each day. 

I cherish that extra time you give me each morning. It gives me time to just lay with our Blaire, by myself, without distractions. She's growing so quickly, especially right now, and I'm so thankful to be able to enjoy this cuddle stage with her just a little bit extra, because I know this stage just won't last long. (I'm mourning the loss of it already.) It's a different experience, this time around, with three. I don't get much one on one time with the baby during the day. I feel guilty about it, to be honest, but these mornings help so much. 

I love you and I'm so glad I get to do this life with you. You just make things fun, even in stressful situations. 

This Thanksgiving I'm most thankful for you. I really am. I lucked out when I married you. I never could have known what a great husband, father, and teammate you'd be. You've reached all my expectations and much much more.  Happy Thanksgiving, babe. Here's to so many more. 

Love, Karli

No comments:

Post a Comment